- Cottonwood Canyon in a Beautiful Spring Rain. Saturday, March 31, 2012.
- Friends of Montclair RR Trail Volunteer Workday!! Saturday, February 18, 2012.
- Newly Planted Natives Revel in the Rain! Monday, February 13, 2012.
- Fern Ravine Planting Day with Friends of Sausal Creek! Saturday, February 11, 2012.
- Conclusive Broom Removal Begins, and We Plant the First Native Wildflowers!! Sunday, February 5, and Onwards!
- Cottonwood (Beaconsfield) Canyon Volunteer Workday!! Saturday, January 28, 2011.
- Montclair Park Progress Continues: Volunteers of America Remove the Overburden. Monday, January 30, 2012.
- Volunteers of America Kick A** on the Broom Thicket, Thursday, January 26, 2012.
- Monclair Park Restoration Project Update: Awesome Example of Decades-Old French Broom. Thursday, January 26, 2012.
- Montclair Park Update: How Local, Community-based Habitat Restoration Volunteers Heal Our Parks and Save our City $$. Tuesday, January 24, 2012.
- Montclair Park Restoration Project, Sausal Creek Watershed. Tuesday, January 24, 2012.
- Old Camp in Joaquin Miller Park Near Redwood Bowl
- Splendid East Ridge Broom Pull! Redwood Regional Park, Saturday, November 5, 2011
- Pallid Manzanita Workday with Friends of Sausal Creek!! Saturday, September 10, 2011.
- Beaconsfield Canyon Plant Pathology: Technical Post
- Goodness, Where Did That Come From? Beaconsfield Canyon, Saturday, July 31, 2011.
- Beaconsfield Canyon Workday with Friends of Sausal Creek!! Saturday, July 31, 2011.
- Big Prairie Broom Removal Plots: Reprise, Rationale, and Protocol
- Friends of Sausal Creek: Fern Ravine Wetland Area Restoration! Saturday, July 9, 2011.
- East Ridge Broom Pull: Beautiful New Prairie and Newly Discovered Patch of the Big Stuff! Saturday, July 2, 2011
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Marvelous crew today — thirteen!! A v.lucky number for the bunchgrasses, Clarkias, voles, vistas in this beautiful place! As with other recent posts, am starting by putting up a slideshow of photos with narrative to follow as time and connection … Continue reading
Beaconsfield Canyon is yet another of those gems within a few minutes’ drive of Montclair Village. Somehow, in the heart of all the high-end residential development here, a lovely half-wild canyon managed to survive waves of home building, a rain … Continue reading
After exploring the wetland area for a bit to see the current state of things (there have been a number of restoration workdays in this vicinity, see the other Sausal Creek Watershed postings!) I caught up with the caravan down … Continue reading
Still chilly in the stiff breezes today, but the sun was out and many of the flowers and grasses are in their full splendor. Much to post when I find a better internet connection!
Real rain today, a steady soaking rain that lasted over an hour, and sharp gusts that kept snatching the umbrella that I use to shelter the camera. I got good and wet, and kept warm by gathering up cut broom … Continue reading
Things are really getting rolling up on the prairie now. Good inroads have been made into the onrushing phalanx of broom and we’ve already rolled back the colonization by a year or two. Others have been up here pulling in … Continue reading
These little Clarkias seem to have appeared recently, up at the first prairie I stumbled across while mapping broom on the east side of Redwood a couple of months ago now. It is a place I named Pygmy Forest for … Continue reading