- Cottonwood Canyon in a Beautiful Spring Rain. Saturday, March 31, 2012.
- Friends of Montclair RR Trail Volunteer Workday!! Saturday, February 18, 2012.
- Newly Planted Natives Revel in the Rain! Monday, February 13, 2012.
- Fern Ravine Planting Day with Friends of Sausal Creek! Saturday, February 11, 2012.
- Conclusive Broom Removal Begins, and We Plant the First Native Wildflowers!! Sunday, February 5, and Onwards!
- Cottonwood (Beaconsfield) Canyon Volunteer Workday!! Saturday, January 28, 2011.
- Montclair Park Progress Continues: Volunteers of America Remove the Overburden. Monday, January 30, 2012.
- Volunteers of America Kick A** on the Broom Thicket, Thursday, January 26, 2012.
- Monclair Park Restoration Project Update: Awesome Example of Decades-Old French Broom. Thursday, January 26, 2012.
- Montclair Park Update: How Local, Community-based Habitat Restoration Volunteers Heal Our Parks and Save our City $$. Tuesday, January 24, 2012.
- Montclair Park Restoration Project, Sausal Creek Watershed. Tuesday, January 24, 2012.
- Old Camp in Joaquin Miller Park Near Redwood Bowl
- Splendid East Ridge Broom Pull! Redwood Regional Park, Saturday, November 5, 2011
- Pallid Manzanita Workday with Friends of Sausal Creek!! Saturday, September 10, 2011.
- Beaconsfield Canyon Plant Pathology: Technical Post
- Goodness, Where Did That Come From? Beaconsfield Canyon, Saturday, July 31, 2011.
- Beaconsfield Canyon Workday with Friends of Sausal Creek!! Saturday, July 31, 2011.
- Big Prairie Broom Removal Plots: Reprise, Rationale, and Protocol
- Friends of Sausal Creek: Fern Ravine Wetland Area Restoration! Saturday, July 9, 2011.
- East Ridge Broom Pull: Beautiful New Prairie and Newly Discovered Patch of the Big Stuff! Saturday, July 2, 2011
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Someone recently went to rather a lot of effort to run this pipe — actually, a network of pipes, as we’ll see in a moment — a hundred or more meters down the hill and smack into the creek. Karen … Continue reading
Just threw these pictures up (Thursday evening) to get things rolling, more Friday!
Update on Wednesday, July 28, 2011: posted new draft location map of the Big Prairie plots; Flickr collection is much nearer completion, and all plots are now represented. Note on the above map: the plot markers are fixed and remain … Continue reading
Today we continued the vital work of clearing invasive grasses and thistles from around the native plants we put in earlier this year (see previous posts!). But first we took a stroll to get our bearings, and wandered within the … Continue reading
East Ridge Broom Pull: Beautiful New Prairie and Newly Discovered Patch of the Big Stuff! Saturday, July 2, 2011
Today started off clear, bright, warm, and beautiful, with a lively crew trotting down the trail towards a rendezvous with the broom seedlings south of Prince. Most of the big stuff around here got cleared years ago, and the main … Continue reading
I have been covering a lot of ground the past few days, returning at last to the vegetation mapping project that led to all the prairie-finding and restoring. Some it is ground that I am re-scouting, having first looked at … Continue reading